- Valid foreign driver’s license.
- Valid passport
- A visa valid for at least six months and above
- Dependent pass
- Student pass
- Work permit
- Permits in languages other than English must be first translated from a certified languages institute like Makerere School of Languages or by the responsible embassy/mission.
- Photocopy of the passport bio data page, visa page and driver’s license.
- Fully filled Driving Permit Application/Medial Form (Form UCDP1) obtained from the ura.go.ug or www.works.ug or www.ucdp.co.ug or from any Face Technologies offices countrywide.
- Payment Slip (UGX 150,000) for foreign exchange fees payable to URA.
- UGX 80,000 cash payable at the Face Technologies offices.
- The applicant’s biodata, finger prints and facial image are captured and a new Uganda driving permit is issued.
For Kampala, the applicant will receive the driving permit within 60 minutes while it will take up to 48 hours for upcountry offices.
Please note: Only one permit group is issued at exchange of a foreign license.