Uganda Computerised Driving Permit Application Procedures
- Valid National ID for Ugandan nationals
- For other applicants from the EAC: a valid National ID or passport.
- For non EAC members: Valid passport, a visa valid for at least one year, Work permit, dependent pass or Student pass.
- Fully filled Driving Permit Application/Medial Form (Form UCDP1) obtained from the ura.go.ug or www.works.ug or www.ucdp.co.ug or from any Face Technologies offices countrywide.
- Payment Slip of UGX 30,000 for learners permit payable to URA.
- UGX 30,000 cash payable at the Face Technologies offices.
- The applicant’s biodata, finger prints and facial image are captured and a Learner’s Permit is issued (Valid for 3 months).
- Go to any licensed driving school of your choice for training.
After training, you will be required to prepare and do a driving test. This is done at any of the driver testing centres countrywide.
- Present a valid learner’s permit.
- Payment Slip of UGX 25,000 for test fees payable to URA.
On passing the test, the applicant will be issued with a Certificate of Competence (CoC) which will then be sent to Face technologies for verification.
If the applicant fails the test, he/she will be advised to go back for further training and return for the test at a later date.
On passing the driving test, the applicant will proceed to process the full permit.
- Present the stamped learner’s permit.
- Payment Slip of UGX 150,000 (for 3 years) or UGX 55,000 (for 1 year) for full permit payable to URA.
- The applicant is verified and the full permit is processed.
For Kampala, the applicant will receive the driving permit within 60 minutes while it will take up to 48 hours for upcountry offices.