After passing the driving test, apply at the appropriate U.R.A licensing office for a full driving license. This is issued for one year or three years and is renewable for similar further periods on expiry.
You will need to visit the Uganda Revenue Authority Website at http://ura.go.ug.
- Scroll down and locate the Payment Registration link.
- Select option NTR and under Tax head, scroll down and choose Full Exchange D/P.
- Continue filling all parts especially those with a red star as they are mandatory, click accept and register and then on the next page, click print.
- Go to the bank you choose as your payment bank and enact your payment.
- Go to any URA branch; pick the Drivers license application forms (Form A – Make sure to check box with Driving Permit Exchange and Form B – Medical form).
- Fill in the form A and take form B to the nearest eye care clinic or hospital for thorough checking on especially the eyes.
- Take back the filled forms together with your bank payment receipt and drop them to the URA branch of your choice.
- Go to Kyambogo Face Technologies, the official Driving permit processing center after the period as recommended by the URA staff.
- You will be given a Temporary (Paper) driving license which will be valid for one month after which you will take it back so as to get the Real Drivers License.