|Preceding Class||Next Class||Min Age||Experience|
|B||CM||25 years||3 years|
|DL||25 years||5 years|
|CM||CH||30 years||3 years|
|DL||DM||30 years||3 years|
|DM||DH||35 years||3 years|
The applicant is required to do a driving test at any of the driver testing centres countrywide.
- A valid (not lapsed) driving permit.
- Payment Slip of UGX 25,000 for test fees payable to URA.
On passing the test, the applicant will be issued with a Certificate of Competence (CoC) which will then be sent to Face technologies for verification.
If the applicant fails the test, he/she will be advised to go back for further training and return for the test at a later date.
On passing the driving test, the applicant will proceed to face technologies to have his desired class added to his driving permit.
- Payment Slip of UGX 41,000 for class extension payable to URA.
- UGX 80,000 cash payable at the Face Technologies offices.
- The applicant is verified and the class extension is processed.
For Kampala, the applicant will receive the driving permit within 60 minutes while it will take up to 48 hours for upcountry offices.